Bryant has made No-Bake Cookies three times now. The first time, he read the recipe wrong and added only 2 tablespoons of sugar. Nasty! The second time, he used a different recipe that called for chocolate drink mix (like Nesquick) instead of baking cocoa. But we didn't have any chocolate drink mix, so he used the same amount of baking cocoa. And, he forgot the vanilla. Way too chocolately and not sweet enough. But the third time was perfect. He followed our favorite recipe (Pat Black's) exactly, and they turned out perfectly! But now Bryant feels sick. I would think anyone would feel that way after eating a whole batch of No-Bake Cookies!
Great job with the no-bakes, Bryant. I remember the first time I made them. It was Grandma's (my Mom's) recipe and it didn't have all of the instructions, just the ingredients. I dumped them all together in the pan and had one ugly mess. Yup, Grandma had to stop studying for her college classes and teach me how to make no-bake cookies. What a memory!
ReplyDelete