I recently learned that THS had quite the Homecoming Bonfire. I remember in the fall when Jaret attended the event. He came home early and said, "It was fine." Come to find out, it was more than "fine;" it was the most "exciting" time they'll probably EVER have at a bonfire sponsored by the school.
The bonfire was funded by Most Don't, an anti-drug and alcohol campaign. Funny that the DJ was totally wasted. And the student body and senior class officers thought it would be totally awesome to get a fire dancer. . . you know, like a Polynesian fire dancer. Most Don't said they would take care of getting the fire dancer. What they got was nothing like the Polynesian fire dancer the student body officers were expecting. As soon as the "dancer" started to take off her overcoat, they realized they'd gotten an "exotic" fire dancer.
We asked Jaret if the dancer took off more than her overcoat, but he said he had no idea, because as soon as she took off her overcoat, he looked down and turned around; he said he didn't look back until the girls said it was "safe." And I looked through Jaret's yearbook. No pictures of the fire dancer appear there (I guess seeing her once was enough!).
We had quite a good laugh at graduation regarding this lovely event! I'm sure there are more things we don't know. Maybe we'll find out in years to come. Maybe we'll never find out. But we certainly had a good laugh about this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment