Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sisters Weekend!

Every year in the fall, I get a weekend away with only my sisters and my mom! This year, we met in Idaho at Mom's house and had a fabulous weekend of crafting, visiting, and of course, cooking and eating! Each one of us came prepared to share something to create:
  • Mom shared a simple but elegant table centerpiece that I plan to use for our Halloween family dinner in a few nights.
  • Kendra taught us how to make the symbol of homemaking: the apron.
  • I shared how to make one of my favorite Christmas ornaments, an elegant beaded icicle.
  • Shaura, our "adopted" sister, shared a wonderful craft called Iris Paper Folding. I can't wait to use this idea next month in Webelos!
  • Valerie showed us how to make chocolate waffle cones, and Dad even suggested we drop a few chocolate chips down in the bottom while they were warm to melt and make sure there was no hole in the bottom (he'd seen the idea on television). Valerie had also made an incredible strawberry ice cream that you make in the blender. I can't wait to get the recipe and share it with my family!
  • Janeil has been doing a lot of knitting on knitting looms, so she showed how to make a hat using the looms. I was especially interested to know that you can actually make other things with the looms. I'd like to get the pattern for the spa set and try making the washcloth!
  • Finally, Marcia introduced us to digital scrapbooking, and I've been spending hours on the computer since then trying to figure it out and learn more about it.
I really had a great time and enjoyed visiting with everyone. I especially enjoyed spoiling my niece Shayne (she's such a beautiful baby!). I'm so grateful to have a wonderful family and to be able to continue our relationship as sisters. My sisters and mom offer wonderful support to me as a mother and wife. I'm thankful for the examples that each of my sisters and my mom is to me!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your sisters, Teresa. You are so blessed to have those relationships of sisterhood! Pass along anything you can email or post--the iris folding looks interesting:)

    ReplyDelete