After reviewing the month of October, I'm not really sure I posted any "words of wisdom." Maybe years from now, someone will read this blog and see some kind of wisdom in the postings; although, I doubt it. So as not to disappoint, though, I thought I would post something in the "wisdom" category. This month's Words of Wisdom come from Kaysen, our nine-year-old son.
The other night we were eating dinner together as a family (which only happens a few times a week now with everyone's busy schedules). We were enjoying asking each of the kids about what was going on in their lives. Jaret was telling us all about his Monster Mash date. Finally, Kaysen piped in and said, "Well, I've learned something." We all looked to the head of the table (yes, Kaysen is the King at our house!), and waited to hear what Kaysen had learned. "Well, I've learned from experience that you should NEVER, and I mean NEVER, buy a girl something she doesn't want. You should always ask her first what she wants, and then you should buy it for her. I've learned this from experience."
We never could get out of him what experience he had that had taught him this valuable life lesson. Nevertheless, everyone in our household agreed with Kaysen. And, consequently, I am making a lengthy Christmas Wish List that my husband and boys can readily choose from so they can buy me what I want!
Kaysen is indeed wise! Chris has learned this in our house, and hopefully our sons have picked up on it, too. Just in case they haven't, I'm going to share this post with them:)
ReplyDelete