Well, I thought that was great, but I wasn't really planning on selling any more. Until a few weeks ago when the pharmacy called and said they were ready for another order. I told them I hadn't been able to find good fabric for an affordable price, so I wasn't going to do it anymore. The OWNER called back and asked if I would please reconsider. So I researched online and finally found a local wholesale fabric supplier, so now fabric isn't an issue. I called back the pharmacy and set an unrealistic number of aprons they had to buy, thinking they would say, "Nevermind." I told them they had to order 25 aprons. . . and they said YES!
Needless to say, I have been sewing like crazy. I made 18 children's aprons (in small, medium, or large), some of which look like this:
The picture just doesn't do it justice. The pink and green fabric is a polished cotton and is so beautiful! I think little girls (and maybe even their Moms) will just LOVE these aprons . I also found some fabric that said, "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission," that I think little boys will enjoy (and I don't think parents mind one more subtle way to remind boys about missions). I also made 10 adult aprons from different fabric but the same style as the children's aprons.
In addition, I bought new patterns, and made 10 really cute RETRO aprons (2 of each style in either blue or green):
Retro YOKE, RIC-RAC, and RUFFLES GALORE adult apron; this says, "Ooh, la, la!" to me:

Retro HALTER-STYLE adult apron; I didn't look so good in this apron - it needs someone a little "bustier" than me!:

Retro FLOUNCE AND RIC-RAC adult apron; does this totally take you back to cooking in the kitchen with your grandmother?:

Retro SCALLOPED WITH CUSTOM BIAS TAPE adult apron; I think the scalloped edge gives this apron just a little "flirty" look; and the bias tape was so fun to learn to make!:

Retro CRISS-CROSS BACK WITH RUFFLE adult apron; so ruffles aren't my favorite thing, but this ruffle really gives this apron a finished look; and the criss-cross back is a fun new way to wear an apron!:
Now I need to tag all these aprons and take them to the store to be sold so I can get paid.I'M SO TIRED!
Honey, great job I know that you have worked long and hard on them the last while.
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented- they are all WONDERFUL!! It was wonderful to talk with you today:)
ReplyDeleteYour aprons are just beautiful, Teresa! What a great job you've done on them!
ReplyDeleteThese are so cute!! Great job and good luck with your next order (it's all about positive thinking :) ).
ReplyDelete