Friday, July 17, 2009

Painting, Etc.


Jesse HATES to paint (notice the all caps emphasis). I don't know why. It's such a gratifying process, and the finished product is so worth it. Needless to say, when I wanted to paint a faux finish in the living room, that's exactly what I did. . . ALL BY MYSELF. . . WITHOUT ANY HELP. . . except for a ladder that helped me reach the upper-most corners. And, after less than 2 hours, here's what I ended up with by painting a color & wash faux finish with Copper Mountain and Deep Aubergine:


I LOVE how it turned out, and Jesse loved it, too (mostly he loved that he didn't have to paint any of it). Won't this giclee art look incredible on the faux-finished wall?


We'll (probably meaning ME and possibly one of the kids, if I can convince them) be painting faux finishes in Jaret's and Bryant's rooms tomorrow (linen for Jaret's room and leather for Byrant's room). I still haven't decided what to do in Kaysen's room or in the master bedroom.

And for an additional house update, the brick and stone is now completed, and the base stucco is on. The stucco color will be applied on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Your house is looking awesome. I'm so impressed with what you can do with paint. I know I couldn't make it look as good as you do. It almost looks like a marble wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing. I'm jealous that we aren't in the same process right now. That would be wonderful. You only have a few weeks left! How crazy is that? Good luck getting it done in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your faux-painting looks awesome, and your brickwork and stonework are spectacular. I cannot WAIT to see your house all done with things in it! Quite exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. even though I hate to paint I love what you did with the wall. I think the other walls that I have helped you with turned out great too. Good chicken!!

    ReplyDelete