Wednesday, March 11, 2009

For Sale

Well, it's official. We put our house up for sale yesterday. Check it out on Utah Real Estate. We found a 1/2 acre lot in Grantsville that we're hoping to build our dream home on. Jesse and I are absolutely thrilled; the kids are a little less excited than us.

In other news. . . basketball season is now officially over. Jesse played on a city league team and on the church team. Church basketball wasn't very well organized this year, so I was thankful he had the city league outlet to get out his basketball energy. He was called an "old man," this year by another player who was frustrated that Jesse was getting so many rebounds and making so many points. Maybe we need to color his gray hair so no one will think he is too old to keep playing with the young guys!

Bryant and Jaret enjoyed playing basketball on the Young Men's church team. Even though they lost every game, they had a lot of fun, learned some new skills, and remembered to invite their less-active friends who seemed to have a great time, too. Isn't that what it's all about?

Kaysen played on a Jr. JAZZ team, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. They lost all their games except the first tournament game (where Kaysen scored his one and only basket of the season). Kaysen's coach made learning basketball really fun. Kaysen loved going to practices and games, and he was always excited to show us his new skills or tell us about the rules he learned about.

Jaret is gearing up for the track season, and Bryant can't wait to get back on the soccer field. Kaysen has decided that soccer is not his thing, so he's just excited for nice, warm weather so he can play outside with the neighborhood kids. He's looking forward to riding bikes and continuing to develop his rope-jumping skills (he's working on double-Dutch).

As for me, once the weather gets so nice it's hard for me to stay focused on quilting. I may have to put all my sewing projects away until Fall so I can get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. I need to get serious about a walking program to prepare for Trek! Webelos is also keeping me busy. We're making marshmallow catapults today. I've also schedule some meetings to help the boys with Arrow of Light requirements. I have a great group of boys and I enjoy planning fun and exciting activities that get them excited about learning and scouting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How exciting! Maybe we should sell our house and buy yours- we'd be MUCH closer that way:)

    It's fun to hear what your boys are up to, and that spring is coming. We've been feeling it, too!

    ReplyDelete