Jaret had an amazing week last week. First of all, Jaret was chosen as a 2009 participant in the
Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. He will be attending the conference with a group of Utah students for 4 days in April! What an exciting and incredible opportunity for him to learn about American history and to become more educated in leadership and civic responsibilities. We are thrilled for him!
In addition, Jaret had an amazing time at the Winter Ball. His date was Melissa, a girl who recently moved here from Wisconsin. Their group date consisted of making breakfast at our house and then going bowling. Then, the girls had the rest of the day to get ready for the dance. Jaret said he had a great time at the dance, even though his friend, Sam, won the shimmy contest rather than Jaret!

This is the vest I made for Jaret for the dance. I was nervous about making something for him, especially since my last apparel sewing experience with Jesse didn't turn out so well (of course, that was about 17 years ago!). I was happy that I found the vest material on clearance for only $.54 (the lining and interfacing was more expensive than the vest material!). And I have enough material left to make a vest for Bryant or Kaysen!

Here's the corsage I made for less than $15! After the last dance and paying about $40 for a corsage, I decided this was a skill I needed to develop. And, lucky for me, a lady in my ward just happens to be a wedding planner/designer! Not that I don't think the girl is worth a $40 corsage, because she is worth more than that, of course. But I don't think the flowers are worth $40, and I was right. We even had enough flowers left to make the boutonniere (the girl's mom came over and made it).

Kind of a wierd picture, but if you look closely on my fourth finger, you'll see the one war wound from the weekend of preparing for the dance for Jaret. The hot glue soaked right through the wrist band, and gave me a huge blister! Ouch!

Here's how Jaret looked in the vest! Isn't he handsome?

And here's the total package: stunning, don't you think?

Here's Melissa getting her corsage.

And Jaret getting "pinned" with his bountenniere.
And finally, the happy couple, ready to dance the night away:
Congrats, Jaret, on getting accepted to Freedoms Foundation! Your dance sounds like fun and you look so GQ in your date clothes. I really like the vest!
ReplyDelete