Every now and again, I get the inkling to make something "fishy" for dinner. Not because I like it (because I don't), but because all the boys in my family love it (I don't know why; they're so picky about so many other things!). So last night was one of those nights, because I had gotten pollock on sale. My first impression was to grill it; but then at the last minute I decided to just put it in the oven.
BIG MISTAKE!
I'm still nauseous from the smell! And my neighbors are probably wondering why ALL the windows and doors are open at my house in the middle of the winter!
The "fishy" smell reminds me of when I was pregnant with Bryant (14 1/2 years ago, but I still remember like it was yesterday!) and I would go shopping at Smith's in Logan. Their seafood section had the WORST smell ever. I wasn't great at eating seafood before that, but after getting sick EVERY time I went in that store, I can hardly even stand to look at it (even if it's on television and I can't smell a thing!). Still. Even over fourteen years later. I know it must be psychological! But I just can't get over it.
So it's official -- it's going to have to be a boys' night out at Red Lobster if anyone in my family ever wants fish again!
Teresa, We noticed you were followers of our blog. We jumped on yours and I have decided you are a DOMESTIC DIVA. You put the rest of us to shame!!!
ReplyDeleteHeather
Oh, you poor thing! I can sooooo relate, though, except for me it's boiled chicken. When I was pregnant with Brooke a good friend of mine came over and thought she'd be nice and boil up a bunch of chicken that I had bought on sale and put it in the freezer for later use in soups, casseroles,etc. but the smell of cooking it made me SO nauseous! Now, I just buy whole chicken on sale and roast it--that smell I can handle:) Maybe you could try salmon? I get it individually frozen at Costco and it doesn't have the fishy smell. If not, Red Lobster works, too!
ReplyDeleteToo funny, Teresa! Good luck with your fish smell detoxification. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI've got a great idea - you and Kiera can find something yummy in common, and Jesse and the boys can head for our house. We LOVE fish, but Kiera for some reason can't stand it. If I say we're having fish she asks if she can cook for herself. This really could work if you guys would move back.....what'd you think?!
ReplyDelete