Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Projects

I love to find a deal on KSL classifieds.  My family knows I'm addicted to looking at the ads, because I'd hate to have a good deal pass me by!  In fact, the other day when Kaysen was bored, I suggested we look for something on KSL.  I said, "What should we look for?"  He replied, "A boat.  A dog.  Anything but a dresser!"  He knows that the furniture section is my favorite, and a dresser is on my radar (I'd like to re-purpose it as a television stand).

In the last year, we've purchased. . .

a sectional couch for $100 (for our unfinished basement entertainment room)


a computer desk for $50 as a gift for Mom and Dad (refinished by Dad, Jesse, and Teresa; the top was sanded by Dad, then stained - fruitwood - by Teresa, and then the entire desk was varnished with a semi-gloss finish by Jesse and Teresa),

a dining table for $50 as a gift for Harriet (refinished by Jesse with dark walnut stain and satin finish polyurethane on top; black lacquer spray paint on base; sure wish we had a BEFORE picture, because this table was in HORRIBLE condition when we picked it up!)
















I've also helped a friend find some good buys to update some furnishings in her house, including a television stand (originally at Costco for around $250; she got it off KSL for $135), a computer desk (all wood in excellent condition, with hutch, for $50), and a computer chair ($35).

I've also been busy in my sewing room.  I finished a 45x60 baby quilt with my Sugar & Spice Fat Quarter Pack (by Amanda Herring of The Quilting Fish).  I've had the fat quarter pack for over a year and have been afraid to cut into it.  I've just been admiring the fabric on the shelf.  Finally, when I saw this pattern based on the Hawaiian flower commonly used in leis, Puakenikeni, I decided I had to use the fabric rather than leave it on my shelf or a minute more.

Here's MY version with the fabric I admired for over a year before cutting into it!  Can't wait to see how it looks once it is machine quilted!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've gotten some great deals, and done some beautiful refurbishing. Love your quilt, too. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The Wilson family is alive and well. I get so happy to read your updates.

    ReplyDelete