Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bear Lake

I have a Pinterest folder titled, "Favorite Places."  The only picture I have in the folder is one of Bear Lake.  I love Bear Lake, Utah/Idaho!  It's where I got my very best sun burns.  It's where I probably caught my first and only fish as a child (with my Grandpa Fuller).  It's where I enjoyed sleepless nights in a tent with my sisters (sleepless because we were SURE a skunk had entered our tent!).  It's where I've spent hours and hours playing in the water and on the beach.

We met up with my sisters last Friday at Bear Lake.  I used LOTS of sunscreen (on me and everyone who walked by me!).  I didn't actually spend more than 2 minutes in the water (it was FREEZING!).  I did spend A LOT of time under a shade tent visiting with my parents, my sisters, their husbands, and my nieces and nephews.  We ate great food and had a great time watching the kids having fun together.

Why is it that none of the kids seemed like the cold water was any big deal? It was a seriously fun time, and I can't wait to go back next year.  My biggest complaint was that we didn't stay enough days.  Thursday - Saturday was too short!

Setting up camp:  Porcupine Campground #9 (St. Charles Canyon).  Kaysen says, "Whew, this is hard work!"

Lunch at the Paris Grill in Paris, Idaho:  Cheesy Fries and the Appetizer Sampler (fried mushrooms, mac & cheese, rice balls, jalepeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, chicken strips)



The Paris Tabernacle.  The ceiling looks like a ship! (which we didn't get a picture of)


The view from Bear Lake West (Gertge Cabin): 

Setting up the fire at the campground.  Nephew Grayson is ALL BOY and loved anything to do with fires, water, and pocket knives.



Sand sculpture at Bear Lake North Beach (it was there already; we just admired it!).

Cousins playing at the beach (left to right: Alyx, Shayne, Erika, Morgan, Paige).

Bryn taking care of her brother Seth while her Mom and Dad set up shade canopies for the day.

Kaysen getting ready to start his Baywatch Run. . .

Kaysen's Baywatch Run:

Eating dinner at the Bear Cave. 

Bloomington Lake:  .6 mile hike for a fabulous and serene view!




2 comments:

  1. I had a great time, too. Thanks for coming and playing with us. Maybe we can get together again next year. . . Bear Lake, Hogle Zoo, . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it was fun! I think Grayson wants to be adopted into your family...or at least invited to do all the "real" camping & "boy" things :-)

    ReplyDelete