Sunday, July 22, 2012

An Update on Bryant

So, Bryant recently had surgery.  He had a ranula (basically a clogged saliva duct under his tongue).  It was really strange.  If left untreated, the little bubble the clog created could get bigger, and bigger, and bigger.  And he could end up looking like a frog ribbiting!  What a lovely image!


He had his follow-up and the doctor said everything was looking good.  He needs to keep hydrated, and he needs to keep it clean to avoid infection.  Other than that, all is well.

And, while I'm discussing Bryant, I thought I'd post BEFORE and AFTER pictures of his ACUTANE treatment.  It was a miserable (and VERY EXPENSIVE) 9 months.  But the treatment was well worth it.

BEFORE. . .




AFTER. . .


Smooth as a baby's bottom.  Just like the doctor said it would be!  He has to wear 50 SPF sunscreen for the next 3 years, even UNDER his t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment