Thursday, May 26, 2011

Americana Quilt

I finished this quilt early this morning.  I've been working on it for quite some time, and yesterday I got the "bug" to finish it.  I love how it turned out.  This is one of the first quilts I've made without an overall pattern from a book or website.  I designed it based on a comforter I have for my bed and have always enjoyed.



Quilting it was particularly fun for me, as I used a combination of free-motion quilting and straight lines (with the walking foot).  You can't see it from the picture, but I quilted big block letters around the middle of the quilt that say:
A   M   E   R   I   C   A

And then in cursive down one side and up the other side:
land of the free...
because of the brave.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Teresa! I wish the picture showed the lettering- I LOVE what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete