Monday, October 5, 2009

College Road Trips and Conference Weekend

Are we really old enough to have a senior in high school? When Jaret was young, I thought he would never get out of certain stages. But it's happened, and suddenly he's grown up and making decisions about what to do with his life after high school. He's considering UVU and USU as his top college choices. In fact, he's already applied to USU, but is waiting for the Fall 2010 application link on the UVU page. Jesse and I have had a fun time these last few weeks touring different college campuses with Jaret. And in the next month, Jaret will attend leadership conferences at UVU and USU and start applying for scholarships.

And, on to another subject. . . I just love conference weekend. And this one was especially enjoyable because the kids didn't have school on Thursday or Friday. I love that we plan absolutely nothing but spending time together watching conference. I loved the talks and felt they were directed specifically to me to help in my calling as a Sunday School teacher as well as my most important callings as a wife and mother. I'm so grateful for prophets to lead and guide us in these troubled times. I feel such peace and safety when I follow the counsel of the prophets.

We started the weekend with Big Cinnamon Rolls on Saturday morning. In addition to conference sessions, we were also able to fit in working on the sprinkler system in the front yard, sewing a skirt, embroidering 6 bread cloths for Festival of the Trees gift boutique, and the priesthood men attending priesthood meeting in the conference center in SLC. We also enjoyed celebrating Jesse's birthday a day early with New York strip steaks, baked potatoes, grilled zucchini, and pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting (see the Yummy Yoohoo for this wonderful Paula Dean recipe!). I love spoiling my family with delicious food whenever I get the chance!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of delicious food to spoil people with, my email is melanee.dahl@yahoo.com and I would love to get some recipes from you. You gave me so many ideas for things to freeze before the baby comes. I'm all ready to go now. Thank you! And tell Jaret that he needs to be Cougar to be truly happy in life:)

    ReplyDelete