Saturday, September 5, 2009

Old News

It's been awhile since my last post because we've really had a lot going on. Here's a brief summary:
  • We moved in to our new home on Saturday, August 15. We rented a 26' truck and borrowed a friend's truck. It still wasn't enough to get everything in, so we had to make several trips in the pickup truck and with the van to get the remaining stuff. We are now cured of the "moving" bug, and we don't plan on going anywhere. We love our new home and are enjoying getting to know our new neighbors and ward family. It took about 1 week to unpack our boxes, which according to co-workers, neighbors, and friends, is completely ridiculous. I guess it should take months, and sometimes even years, to unpack! I just couldn't stand living amidst all those boxes!
  • Bryant broke his arm on Monday, August 17, during football practice. We hurried him to the ER in Tooele and arrived at 8:30 p.m. He had to have it reduced (pretty painful for a mother to watch; I felt like I needed the same pain medication Bryant was given!). We finally returned home at 1 a.m. Bryant's arm was placed in a splint to wait for the swelling to go down. Once the swelling went down (10 days later), x-rays were taken and the bone had moved again. So, while Bryant was getting a cast, his arm was reduced again (this time without pain medication). Bryant is going to have his arm wrapped and try a little football this week. We'll see how it goes.
  • Jaret is having a great time so far during his senior year. His internship is learning about Physical Therapy and helping a physical therapist 2-3 times per week in the morning, and 1 day after school for a couple of hours. Jaret is also fully involved in student government as a senior class officer. He's very proud of his officer sweater, and especially his matching decepticon belt buckle (it's purple). Jaret really enjoys wearing clothing with his name on it, so he also likes his Cross Country captain's shirt, which is pretty classy, I must say! Between all his activities and supporting other school activities as a class officer and a few dates here and there, we really don't see Jaret much. I try to be here when he passes through the kitchen for a bite to eat or to listen to all the cool new things he's learning on the guitar. We're excited to take Jaret on a college road trip to preview USU, University of Utah, and Utah Valley University sometime this month so he can make an informed decision for next year's endless opportunities and possibilities!
  • Kaysen is thoroughly enjoying 4th grade with Mrs. Prince. One good thing about Mrs. Prince is she doesn't like to yell. Kaysen has never responded well to yelling, so this is a good environment for him. Kaysen is currently reading Henry and the Clubhouse, by Beverly Cleary. And we're still reading Fablehaven #4 together in the evenings. Kaysen recently visited the foot doctor, who prescribed gait plates to help him learn to walk and run correctly. Even though it isn't fun to always wear the gait plates, Kaysen is excited about the possibility of being able to run faster than he already does!

3 comments:

  1. Finally! I was so worried my sister had dropped off the face of the planet. (Though I guess I could have picked up the phone and called, huh?) Love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You're back . . . I've missed reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not at all surprised at your home being settled and organized within 1 week! You have always been one of the most organized and well-planned people I know. Hope Bryant heals soon, and all is well.

    ReplyDelete