My sisters and I exchange favorite recipes every Christmas. This morning, as I was making Valerie's Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Waffles, I thought, "What a great gift to share. I'll double the recipe and make enough to share some with my neighbors for a special pre-Christmas breakfast."
Kaysen is always more than happy to be my delivery boy. He made it to the first two houses with no problems. But the third house was a block away, and on the way there, he ended up dropping the plate and 3 of the 5 waffles fell off. He started coming home, but Jesse called out and asked him what was wrong. When Kaysen replied that he dropped the plate, Jesse asked how many were left. Kaysen mis-understood the question and answered, "Five." So Jesse said, "Just take them anyway."
So Kaysen dutifully picked up the fallen waffles (at least the 2 he could find; 1 was hidden somewhere in the snow) and replaced them on the plate. He was honest during the delivery and mentioned that 2 of the waffles had fallen off the plate and he had picked them up. Then, on the way home, he happened to find the other waffle. And what did he do with it? He picked it up, took it back to the neighbors, and said, "Guess what? I found the other waffle on the way home!" Thank goodness we have neighbors with a great sense of humor! They laughed about it, and their kids still thought it was a very special Christmas delivery!
How cute and funny! You guys are such awesome neighbors!
ReplyDelete