Even their mom got in on the sewing. She made two pillowcases as well as learned how to hem some sheers that she had accidentally purchased about 16 inches too long.
It was so fun to see each girl (including my niece) develop confidence as we moved from project to project. After each project was completed, each girl had an expression of pure and blissful joy on her face as she exclaimed, "I love it!" Then, they would look in the mirror and model for us. They were SO very different than my boys that I'm used to who won't even try on whatever I've made for them, such as PJ pants or a vest.
Thank you so very much, Jamilah, L, and T, for coming to have a fun weekend with me! Going out for lunch and shopping was a great way to end the weekend. I know you'll be the cutest girls at church tomorrow!
Warning. . . picture overload to follow. . .
How fun Teresa!! The girls look so cute in their skirts. I love a circle skirt because they look so flattering :) You guys did fantastic and I bet they are gonna love all their sewn treats.
ReplyDelete