Monday, March 5, 2012

Bear Lake Quilter's Retreat

I was in Bear Lake last week for a Quilter's Retreat.  We stayed in a 6200 sf cabin.


These are the wonderful ladies I spent the week with:
Crystal, Betty, Brigid, Eileen, Mary


Arnette, Diane, Kaye, Verneal, Janean

Alice came from Idaho and met us in Bear Lake.  Kathy and Rhodie came up later in the week.

At the beginning of the week, they were all simply acquaintances.  At the end of the week, I feel like I now have 15 new best friends!

Here's what I got accomplished during the week:

A bear paw block...


A house block (the bottom right corner is 6" and had about 40 pieces!)...


A fun Halloween quilt top...


A Wanna Be a Cowgirl baby quilt top...


I also completed 2 Ohio Star blocks for a charity quilt.  When everyone had completed their Ohio Star blocks, I pieced the quilt together with sashing and cornerstones and borders.  The quilt will be for a 14-year-old boy, one of the children of the Roy officers who were recently shot in the line of duty.

One day we met with the Bear Lake Quilters.  We did a "show-and-tell" and then had lunch together.  One of the Bear Lake Quilters brought a chocolate cake with raspberry filling.  Mmmm!

One evening we went out to eat at the Bear Trapper.  It's kind of like Maddox.  Except the Bear Trapper serves raspberry sorbet between courses.  Delicious!

The weather was bad one day, but it really didn't matter because we stayed in and sewed every day.  It really was a great time, and I can't wait for next year!

A picture of the lake view on the stormy day...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe what you were able to accomplish I am super impressed.

    ReplyDelete