I love that they're custom-made... just the right length and width, just the right spacing of the grommets, and exactly the right fabric. A few weeks ago, I found the lamp shown above for $20 at Ross that coordinates with the drapes. Can't beat that. Overall, here's what I paid for the project:
- Main fabric, 10 yards @ $2/yard from Wal-Mart: $20
- Contrasting fabric, a few yards from Hancock's clearance section... I don't remember what I paid but I've used it for several projects. I didn't intend to pair it with the main fabric, but when I started thinking about and planning for the drapes, it just clicked that they just might coordinate. And they do!
- 3 packages of grommets from Joann's: about $25 (they're normally about $13/package, so I used coupons)
- 1 rod: $27 (also 40% off, normally $45 or so)
So, somewhere around $75 is the total cost. I have extra fabric (both the main and the contrasting) that I think I'll make pillows out of. I've seen some very nice pleated and ruffled pillows (Anthropologie knock-offs) that might be fun to try to re-create.
The next fabric I'm looking for is something with a rust/orange color in it for Jaret's room downstairs. It gets so bright in that room early in the morning. Teenagers don't like light that early in the morning, I guess. But since he's on his mission, I have 2 years to look for the fabric and make the drapes. I'll be scrounging the clearance racks, bins, and tables at all the fabric stores for sure!



Nice job!! They look great.
ReplyDelete