Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Fun and Garden Update

We spend a good portion of our summer outside, mostly working, but playing, too.  We've found we can have fun while working, too, if we can get past the initial whining.  Here's the fruit of our labors so far:


Plumbago (I want to figure out how to divide this plant so we'll have more of it; I love it!)


 Oops!  The squash is a little over-planted.  There's cucumber, cantaloupe, butternut squash, zucchini, and pumpkins somewhere in there!


 So excited about my new herb garden.  I planted 3 varieties of lettuce, Italian parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano, and chamomile. All from seed.



And here's how we have fun:

100 ft. of plastic, a hill, Dawn dish soap, and all the neighborhood kids...



















2 comments:

  1. Your yard looks beautiful as always :P and I totally understand the squash problem I can't even get in between to pull weeds! That day on the slip and slide was a blast thanks for having us all over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard and garden are amazing!! So impressed with the changes you've made.

    ReplyDelete