Monday, November 22, 2010
Sixteen!
Our boys are growing up. Fast. Sunday I started getting all sentimental and I told the boys that we would have no more birthdays in this house. I don't want any more birthdays because I already know what happens as they get older. They leave. For a long time. And I miss them a lot! Often!
But Bryant turned 16 before this new "no birthday" rule was instituted in our home. And to celebrate he invited lots of friends over. They played games (indoor and outdoor, even though it was really cold), laughed, talked, ate treats (rootbeer floats and peanut butter bars), and watched a movie. At the end of the evening, one of the girls who had attended the party but left earlier came back and left Bryant a birthday surprise: she asked him on his first date to MORP! Seriously, is Bry old enough to date?
To continue celebrating the next day, Bryant attended the region dance and performed a few songs on the guitar for the crowd. People danced while he sang, and everyone clapped and cheered for him. A lot of girls came up and hugged him afterwards and proclaimed that he was "awesome," and they didn't know he could sing! I know all this because I attended the dance, too. Just his performance part. Bryant was relieved we weren't staying the whole time. Whew!
And finally, Bryant's actual birthday was yesterday, on Sunday. We woke up to six inches of snow! We surprised Bryant with his favorite breakfast (donuts) and one of his favorite meals for lunch, biscuits and sausage gravy with eggs and hashbrowns. Then we spent the rest of the day with the power intermittently on and off, so we played Ticket to Ride by candle light. We let Bryant win... only because it was his birthday, ya' know!
The final celebration for his birthday will be Thursday, Thanksgiving day, when he will be ordained a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. We are so proud of how Bryant is choosing to live his life. He is making great choices, setting goals, and working hard to achieve those goals. We're proud to be his parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Birthday Bryant sounds like a great way to celebrate. Way to reel in the girls with your musical talent LOL
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Bryant!!! Sounds like it's been a fun weekend!! We're excited to help celebrate on Thursday!! :)
ReplyDelete