Here's a picture of a single petunia bloom even though it doesn't show the full effect of how beautiful this was when they were all in bloom:
Jesse put me in charge of purchasing the trees. His one requirement: absolutely NO fruit-bearing trees. So I picked Corinthian Linden trees and an Autumn Blaze Maple (not pictured here, but in the distance and to the left) for shade and beauty near the patio areas of our home:
And 3 Hackberry trees for the north side of our back property. The label said NOTHING about any fruit. I read up on this type of tree when I got home, and apparently there are purple fruit that mostly stay on the tree that birds and butterflies and bees really like. Maybe the "hackberry" name should have given it away!
And here are 3 potentilla bushes that are close to maybe dying. They're on the north side of the house, out of sight and out of mind. And I forgot to keep watering them when I first planted them. I hope they make it. The two on the sides will have pink and white flowers. The one in the middle will have yellow flowers.
And, finally, something just for fun... A preying mantis eating a stink bug. My kids thought it was pretty cool!







Love, love, love your flower beds! And you have grass and trees! Yeah! BTW, I could have lived my whole life without seeing the praying mantis photo. :-)
ReplyDeleteFunny! I was just thinking the preying mantis photo was kinda cool. I''ll have to show Logan and Paige when they get home from school. They will ooo and ahh for sure.
ReplyDeleteYou guys have done so much work! It's looks beautiful! I'm so excited to see it all on Sunday! :)
ReplyDelete