Saturday, August 14, 2010

Swim Meet, Red/White Scrimmage, and School Registration

Although I didn't think to bring the camera to either of these events, we had a very busy few days supporting our kids at their activities.

Bryant was excited to learn that he made the JV team, and also the backup traveling varsity team for football this year!  We enjoyed watching him play at the Red/White Scrimmage where he got 2 tackles and a few good blocks.  He ended up playing positions he hadn't practiced, and was a very versatile player for the team, filling in wherever someone else wasn't getting the job done.  I think the coaches noticed how hard Bryant worked over the summer and during the two-a-day practices.  Last year at this time, Bryant wanted to quit football because he was so miserable with practices.  This year, he just can't seem to get enough and can't wait for the next practice.  And when he's home, he talks a lot of football, too.  I just nod my head and try to understand, but really I don't get it.  I really enjoy listening to Jesse and Bryant talk football together, though!  Details of his schedule can be found at www.cowboyfootball.blogspot.com.  We'd love to see any of you at his games!

Kaysen and Bryant both competed in an end-of-summer county swim meet.  It was Kaysen's first meet, and he did great and had a fun time!  He swam the 50-free, 50-back, 50-breast, and the 50-back in the 200 medley relay.  He had a few flops off the blocks, but I imagine he'll correct that quickly as it kind of hurts when you flop off the blocks!  Bryant hasn't swam for 2 weeks because of football two-a-day practices, but he decided to compete because the medley team needed a breast stroker, and that's Bryant's favorite stroke.  Bryant didn't have high expectations for himself because he hasn't been in the water for so long, so he was pleasantly surprised when he beat all of last year's times, and he beat a senior in the 50-breast that he wasn't able to beat all last year!  Good work, Wilson boys!

And as for school, we got Bryant registered after changing his math class from personal finance to pre-calculus.  An hour at the counseling office and $262 later, Bryant is ready for 10th grade!

1 comment: