- I read this article a few weeks ago which helped me gain a new perspective on all these new chapters in our lives.
- I prayed and received confirmation that Jaret's decision was right for him.
- Jaret is very happy and excited for this new adventure in his life!
- I've already cried buckets of tears and been up and down with my emotions all summer long, so today was kind of anti-climatic for me.
- Jaret WANTED us to help him unpack, perhaps because he was the only person in his apartment that would be staying overnight.
- We met Jaret's roommate and his parents. They seem like nice people. Then they headed off to a family reunion for the weekend.
- My cousin reminded me to pack toilet paper.
And today went off with only one hitch: when we got to the SLC airport, we had to turn around and come home to get all the clothes we had left hanging in Jaret's closet. Other than that, we had a great day. But I did have to send one last text as we were leaving Cache Valley: "Remember to wear your flip-flops in the shower!"
p.s. When we got home, we had a text from Jaret saying that all the places on his meal plan were closed and he needed to go find food. Oops! We thought his meal plan started tonight with dinner. Well, nothing like starting life on your own with being able to solve your own problems. Here's hoping he got something to eat! (And now I need to park my helicoper in the hangar and quit hovering!)



I'm glad it went well. I told Bryce as we drove up Malad hill that Jaret was going to Logan today. (Of course, Logan piped in . . ."Where am I going?")
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the world parenting a college student:) Brooke heads back up to BYU-I next week, and I'm already missing her like crazy!!
ReplyDeleteHe will do wonderful! You are such a great mom
ReplyDeleteI love the quilt you made! It looks like Jaret is all outfitted for college life.
ReplyDelete