Thursday, April 22, 2010
More Skirt Pics
I delivered this 3-tiered skirt to a very cute 4-year-old girl with Down Syndrome. She was thrilled with the twirly aspect of the skirt. Her mom ended up purchasing some fabric from me a few days later. When I delivered the fabric, the little girl immediately started taking off her pants and said, "Skirt." She was ready for another skirt to twirl around in! Her mom is going to make jumpers for her out of the fabric she purchased.
I loved coordinating the purple fabrics in this skirt. In fact, coordinating and choosing my own fabrics was much more fun that selecting fabrics in a designer's line that are supposed to coordinate. I liked doing the coordinating work myself rather than having it done for me. I took out a little of the fulness in this skirt, and I think it still has plenty of "twirl."
I fell in love with the pinks, browns, and the muted greens in these prints!
These two charm skirts turned out really cute, but I don't think I'll be making this pattern very often. It was much more time consuming than the other skirts I've made. But I did love coordinating the fabrics. I ended up adding fabrics leftover from aprons I made last year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment