Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adam Raccoon at Forever Falls

Jesse was preparing his quorum lesson today on agency, and remembered that we had this book that would be good to help explain the concept to 14-year-old boys, and hopefully keep their attention. The problem. . . in cleaning things out before our move, we (meaning I) decided to sort through our books. Although our kids liked this book a lot when they were younger, I just thought it wasn't useful anymore. So we gave this book and a bunch of others to families we thought would "value" the books we had enjoyed when our kids were younger.

Well, apparently the author, Glen Keane, is quite famous. He has worked on many Disney characters (including Tarzan and Ariel and a host of others). So today we discovered that you should find out the value of your books before you give them away. New, this book sells for $600; used for over $100. I think I originally purchased the book at a neighborhood yard sale in Hyrum for $.25!

Would it be bad to call the few families we gave books to and ask if we can have this particular book back?

Where is that ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW when you need it, seriously!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Teresa! I guess it wouldn't be too bad to call them and let them know they have a $100 book in their possession so they can take care of it. (Who know's, maybe they'll be generous and return it to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Who knew? I'll have to be careful about which books I purge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just call them and see if they have the book and if so, tell them that it was not supposed to have been given away and you want it back. I wouldn't mention the $600, but that is why I'm probably going to hell :)

    ReplyDelete