Today is laundry day, and even though a lot of people really hate doing laundry, I have to admit that I actually like it! Maybe it's because I have an awesome GE Frontloader and efficient dryer and I only have to do laundry once a week. (I probably never mentioned this before, but when we got our new washer and dryer, we also had to get new under clothes and a few more pair of jeans for everyone so we could last a whole week.) Maybe it's because now I actually have a laundry room that the awesome GE Frontloader and efficient dryer actually fit in. Maybe it's because our gas and electric bills both went down when we started to use these new efficient machines. Or maybe it's just because I just love the smell and feel of fresh, clean laundry. And even though I don't really enjoy ironing, I just love the end product and think it is SO WORTH IT! Especially now that I use one of my favorite ironing products to help me in the process. I just love seeing all my boys in freshly laundered and pressed shirts on Sunday morning (with black socks to match the black pants; white socks with black pants is a HUGE pet peeve of mine!).
And here's a couple of tips I use for keeping my frontloading washing machine in tip-top shape:
1. Be sure to wipe the rubber seal dry after your final load. Leave the door opened slightly so the interior basket can air dry.
2. Use the basket clean cycle as per the directions (mine calls for 1 cup of bleach) at least once a month. This keeps the basket clean and smelling fresh.
3. After using the basket clean cycle and bleach, your next load should be whites rather than colors (for obvious reasons since you just used bleach!).
I love this post! I'm actually with you - I don't mind doing laundry. I do wish I had the fun new tools you've got. So here's my question - can you only find the starch alternative at Hancock Fabrics or have you purchased it elsewhere? Sounds like a great product.
ReplyDeleteI've only found the starch alternative at Hancock Fabrics. It does come in a small squirt bottle for about $5 on sale, so you don't have to buy a full gallon before you try it!
ReplyDeleteI love the end result, too! I just don't like the folding and ironing part much. And I'm totally with you on the white socks with dark pants thing. I'll have to try the starch alternative sometime- what scent would you recommend?
ReplyDelete