Watching Bryant march...
Unfortunately, we really get into watching the performance, so we forget to take pictures. This year's theme is Africa: Ceremony, Song, and Dance. They do an amazing job, and percussion has taken 1st place at two of their competitions!
Watching Bryant run...
No, this isn't Bryant. This is actually a picture of our neighbor who is now serving a mission in Africa. Cross country prepared him for hard work in Africa! Although baptisms come easy, he does all his own cooking and cleaning (laundry is done in a bucket), and all the men in Africa laugh that the missionaries do this work themselves, because that is "woman's work," they think.
Watching Kaysen play soccer...

Kaysen is an AMAZING defender and a super good hustler on offense. But, alas, we don't have any pictures of him playing, either.
Gardening...
Lots and lots of taters!
A few remaining carrots (and lots and lots of weeds)!
Mmmm! Butternut squash!
Hmmm... Were we supposed to get a burn permit for that first?
Canning...
48 pints of pearsauce with the neighbors (half for them/half for us)
Not shown: 90-ish quarts of green beans
and Crafting...
This is a Christmas pillow I designed and sewed (not quite finished... still needs eyes and mouth and buttons).
Not shown: 5 or 6 other projects in the works that can't be shown because the crafts and projects are for Christmas presents... so don't even ask!
Whew! I'm tired just reviewing it! I think I'll go check on Jesse and make sure he hasn't singed his eyebrows off yet while he's working on burning the end-of-garden pile.








Thanks for the awesome update, Teresa! You amaze me with all the creative and fun things you do.
ReplyDeleteYay! Not that I don't think you have an adorable/handsome family, but I'm so glad you updated. Being a month or two behind on the news is so trying for me. :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how crazy busy this summer has been? I have enjoyed you teaching me new things thanks! BTW cute pillow
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy! I can relate. The canning and the sewing, Marching band...we almost seem to be living the same life.
ReplyDeleteSandy
Oh, Teresa, it has been two months now. Are you still there?
ReplyDelete