Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nineteen

I just realized I missed blogging about a special event in our home.  Our oldest son turned 19 a few weeks ago!  Nineteen?  Really?  When did that happen?  How did that happen?  I have a son old enough to have been to college for a year and is now getting ready for a mission?  Impossible!  Not!

We love having Jaret in our home!  Every meal is full of laughter, some tears of joy, and even choking.  He sure keeps us laughing... at times when we're not expecting it.  I absolutely LOVE his sense of humor, but I wish he would sensor it just a little to express it when our mouths are NOT full.  I don't want anyone (Bryant) to choke to death!

We're super proud of many of the decision Jaret has made in his life.  He did great during his first year at USU, even though I was worried sick about him living on his own.  I was pleased when he told me one of his favorite things to do when he was doing his laundry (yep, he knows how to do laundry and does a very good job at it!) was to clean out all the dryer vents.  Seriously!  He checked the dryer vents.  That makes a mama proud!

He also said all the right things when he came home for breaks, letting me know all the special foods he was missing and begging me to make them.  Again, makes a mama proud!

It hasn't been easy since he got his mission call in March.  Five months of waiting, waiting, and more waiting.  But he's been trying his best to take advantage of every opportunity that comes his way.  He is a hard worker.  He spent a month checking various swamps and such for mosquito larvae, a long day pulling electrical lines through a broken pipe, another day putting a floor in a shed, and many days doing various jobs around the house.  Yep, he's a hard worker.  Makes a mama proud!

Anyway, we enjoy Jaret.  I consider him one of my best friends.  I'm grateful he enjoys (or at least puts up with) spending time with us.  His brothers look up to him.  His friends look up to him.  We look up to him.

Thanks, Jaret, for being such a wonderful part of our family!

1 comment:

  1. We think is one awesome guy too! Way to raise a good kid!

    ReplyDelete