Sunday, April 10, 2011

Texas Size Combo without the Texas Size Price

Jesse and I went on a date last night.  I really can't remember the last date we've been on.  So sad.  Our lives have been so busy revolving around our kids lately, which is a good thing.  But I was missing spending an evening alone with my best friend.

So he gave me a night off of cooking and took me to Texas Roadhouse.  I always feel guilty about spending a large amount of money at a restaurant when I know we can cook a similar meal for so much less at home.  I know it's about not having dishes to do, and just being out of the home, but I still feel guilty.

Anyway, I was excited to see the Texas Size Combo on the menu that we could share... 10 oz. ribeye steak, a rack of fall-off-the-bone ribs, and two sides for under $20.  I was worried it wouldn't be enough to fill Jesse's belly, but delightfully surprised when he told the waitress we actually would need a take-home box!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun date! And how awesome that you got filled AND got to take some home. Dates with the hubby are the best - and I think they're worth it, even if it's more expensive than you would have spent at home. Glad you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete