The texture was wrong, the color was wrong, the poor loaves weren't even shaped right! I needed serious bread-making lessons and a personal coach to help me learn this art!
Mom must have read desperation and frustration in the quick e-mail explaining my dilemma. Within minutes, I had received a phone call from the BEST bread-making coach E-V-E-R! And, not only is she good at coaching bread-making, but she's also good at re-assuring and giving confidence to someone who just failed miserably. She helped me pick myself up and get back in the saddle. And she was available for the whole 2 hours to coach me through each part of the process.
Beautiful color!
Perfectly shaped loaves!
Incredible texture and taste, just like Mom's!
Thank goodness for unlimited minutes!
Looks good, Teresa. Paige says: "Can we please go there and see if she has any left? I really want to eat your honey wheat bread." Hmm. . . I guess I might have to get busy and make some bread. It won't happen today, but maybe tomorrow afternoon. Paige wants me to pick a day and have it be bread day every week. What a slave-driver.
ReplyDeleteWhat was the difference in the two batches of bread? Did you figure out where you went wrong on the first batch? I'm glad you had an expert bread maker to help you with the process. The loaves turned out beautifully!
ReplyDeleteWell I personaly feel like you always have things under control and you seem to be my savior! Thank heavens for neighbors is what I have
ReplyDelete