I found a quilt block I made a few years ago to use as a starting point. I found coordinating fabric in my scraps to use as the border, back, and binding. And, I used a new binding technique I learned at Tooele Quilter's Guild (a club I joined just this month!). I used the "walking" foot for the straight lines, and the "darning" foot for the curvy lines. I free-handed the meandering stipple, which I was pretty nervous about but I'm happy with how it turned out.
And, finally, I used a pillow form I already had. The new pillow cover totally changes the look of the room.
I also made these basic curtains for a friend's daughter. She has an orange comforter, bright pink pillows, and a lamp with orange circles on it. Totally fun tween room!
Do I have to tell you or do you already know from my random "HELP ME" phone call ... I am soooo THANKFUL for your talent!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
You are being so crafty, Teresa. And you are so willing to share you talents by making things for other people. You are awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! Inspires me to make want to make more home decor items than I do!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, Teresa! You need to start a Creativity Journal to collect pics of all of your work. Oh, wait, I guess that is what this blog is for, isn't it? Good job!
ReplyDelete